19 October 2008

Beer & Bikes



Last weekend Mr B & I were in Holland. After arriving at Schiphol we spent the afternoon in Amsterdam. We walked all over the city centre, making sure we stopped at our favourite haunts, like banket bakkerij Lanskroon (I initially wrote 'blanket bakkerij'. Hmmm, I must have warm, cosy things on the brain).



and the Begijnhof - the most tranquil place right in the centre of Amsterdam which Mr B had never visited before


We walked through the antique quarter (a grumpy man didn't like my large shoulder bag in his shop and kindly told me "mevrouw, your bag is dangerous"

mevrouw !!!


Since when did I become a madam instead of a madamoiselle??



With the girls we visited the beach at Zandvoort. There were loads of kite-surfers doing fantastic lifts out of the water.





We spent time in Zutphen, Ellecom and Arhem and walked through the beautiful Sonsbeek park with Henny & Willem. We ate at a wonderful restaurant in Zutphen - here's the link (this is for you Mama!) http://www.gastenhuysdeklok.nl/www/index.html


Best of all I loved spending time with Mr B


Hopefully it won't be as long a wait until our next visit to Nederland. We both love it and our family there.

No comments:

Post a Comment