22 April 2009

All to buy a lampshade

On Sunday Mr B and I trekked to Greenwich in the car. It is not a nice drive. It was sunny and warm. And we were stuck in the car for far too long. We finally got parked and walked to Greenwich Market. We waded our way through the unforgiving Sunday crowds to a little shop in the back corner of the market. It is fantastic. Two lovely ladies own the shop and make the best handprinted lampshades. The shop had run out of the lampshade we wanted so armed with a hand-drawn map we walked through Greenwich to an art studio were our lampshade was waiting for us. It was a most interesting walk through very unknown parts of Greenwich. I'm very glad I had my camera with me.


Looking towards Greenwich High Road


We walked a long a tiny lane and bridge called Ha'penny Hatch'. When we crossed the bridge we spotted these strange explorers below us. They were paddling and collecting things in the creek. It was murky. We have no idea what they were doing.


On our way back from the studio the strange explorers had moved on towards the Thames.


The iron bridge at Ha'penny Hatch


St Alfege

After our foray into the London unknown the 4 of us (myself, Mr B, our lampshade and cool cushion that I couldn't resist) were starving so we plonked ourselves down at a table in a very buzzing Mexican eatery. We ate and drank and talked about holidays. We still have no idea where we'd like to go. But we did get a most fantabulous lampshade. And cushion. And I enjoyed my little black and white photography project.

15 comments:

  1. Two things:

    1. Those photos are photo frame/wall project worthy. ESPECIALLY numero #1...LOVE IT!

    2. I clicked on "the shop"...too cute to boot! Love the shades and wish we had a shop like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me along on your trip through your pics! They were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the photos - thanks for sharing with us! I hope to visit your area someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are wonderful. Glad you two had a fun adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.wow.WOW. you captured some GORGEOUS moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great photography project! i love your pictures! and what a hip and happenin' lamp shade. loved the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun excursion! and gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! These pictures are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. jelly bellies and peanut butter m&m's are headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love those pics-- especially the first!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ps- I found this site where you can buy peanut butter m&ms online... http://www.sugarstand.com/sc/sc0034-m-m-peanut-butter.htm

    i know it isn't as fun as receiving a package from a friend...but those individual packages might make it easier to snack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left you an award over at my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I've missed you around :)

    You take the most beautiful pictures. If my sorry butt ever makes it your way, I'm totally stalking you. I mean calling you up :)

    ReplyDelete