03 March 2009

To my Husband

5 years ago today we were in a whirlwind of excitement. Doesn't it seem like a lifetime ago and yet how quickly have the last 5 years gone? You had planned a surprise for me. I was desperate to know what you had planned. We took a slam-door train into London. Then you took me for dinner at Clos Maggoire. Wow, you really know how to impress a girl! Then off you whisked me to watch the Lion King. I was enraptured by the show and by the wonderful guy next to me. Our first date was a knock-out...

2 years ago today you were also planning a surprise. We went into London and saw Chicago. You had a ring in your pocket. I had no idea. You kept making me walk on the ringless side of you so I wouldn't feel the box. We had cocktails and watched the barmen flare. Once again we ate in Clos Maggoire. Oh you did spoil me! On the way home, on the Jubilee Bridge in the moonlight, you got down on one knee and asked me The Question.

The 3rd March will always be such a special day for me, filled with the most wonderful memories.

I love you.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful memory to share! So glad you guys have such romance in your lives. And, what a gorgeous picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet! Congrats to you both (and love love love the dress!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy memories!

    Love you lots.

    Your husband.
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I absolutely love your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have posted your dress before, but this is the first time I've seen it. It's gorgeous!
    Enjoy your memory-filled day today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I'd love to see more photos!! Your wedding was so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just got chills! eeeekkk! what a fabulous first date he planned (im pretty sure my first day with boy involved cheap mexican food and a rental from blockbuster)

    ive said it before and ill say it agin, im in love with your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might know what I want from the UK!!! "Cadbury mini eggs" I cant find them over here this year and I am obsessed with them. My fav easter candy. Let me look in a few more stores before you get them, but if I cant find them...thats what I want. (they are a UK product, right?)

    ps i have a stat exam this week and when its over I will ship you some more goodies. anything else besides peanut butter m&ms?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photo!

    And what a great post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooohhhhh.... I LOVE IT!!! You laid it out in such a touching way! I got chills :)

    Love the picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Swooooon* Congratulations, Saskia! Such lovely memories! You deserve every ounce of happiness!!!
    xoxo,
    L

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post...very romantic! Your wedding dress is beautiful...a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post. How wonderful Mr. B is! If I ever come to London, you'll have to introduce me to one of his friends, whom I'm sure, are exactly like him! You two make a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete