18 January 2009

Under the Spotlight

Jennifer recently posted this post, where she was interviewed by one of her blog friends. Today she's interviewing me!

1. What is the last book you read?

Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie tells the story of Kambili, a teenage girl growing up in a politically unstable time in Nigeria. The book is beautifully written and deals with some rather hard-hitting topics, including the conflict between catholicism and the indigenous faiths. I couldn't put this book down and heartily recommend it, as well as Half of a Yellow Sun also by Adichie.



2. If you had to be blind or deaf, which would you be?

I'm so thankful for having such good health - I think it would be awful to loose either of these senses, but if I had to I would probably rather lose my hearing than my sight. I would hate not to be able to read, or take photographs, or go to an art exhibition. I'm quite short-sighted and wear contact lenses all the time... I sometimes dream about losing more of my sight - it's definitely something I'm fearful of.

3. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

I'm afraid it's not at it's best at the moment! We have orange juice (no bits, Mr B doesn't like bits), carbonated water, butter, eggs, tomato ketchup, salad cream, mustard, tartare sauce, soured cream, marmalade, milk, gammon, vegetables (leeks, red cabbage, swede, carrots, broccoli), fritesaus (Dutch mayo that you eat with chips), amarula, artichoke hearts and some eye drops that have to be kept cold!

4. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are they like?

We have a rescue kitty, she's called Meisha. She is a 5 year old spotted Bengal and we took her home with us in December 2006. She was very badly mistreated and it's taken us this entire time to get her to come out of her shell. I still don't think we've seen all of her character yet, even though she's come so far already! She's doing amazingly and is the most wonderful cat. She has glitter in her fur (honestly!) and is a very pampered princess. She talks to us constantly - Bengals have a range of sounds from normalish meiows to clicks, calls, wails... I can't even begin to describe some of the noises she makes!!



5. Describe your ideal day

Mr B asked me this only the other day!! I think he may be planning something....

My ideal day would be spent with Mr B. We would have some nice breakfast of croissants and coffee and go into London. We'd wander around Soho and Covent Garden and see the street performers, we might pop into Selfridges for a window-shop (if we're lucky we might buy a few bits too!), then we'd find a nice place to eat lunch - maybe a burger and a milkshake at Ed's. We might go to an art gallery, or museum, or to see a show. Then we'd go for cocktails and dinner before walking back to catch our train home.

So now it's your turn! If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment to tell me and be sure to leave your email address. I'll then email you five questions and you must answer them on your blog. Then it's your turn to offer to interview others (in which case you will send them five questions)!

No comments:

Post a Comment