12 December 2008

Advent Hedgehog

Happy Friday!! Today's a wonderful day, even though it's rainy and grey and dark at 14:30... because it's the weekend in half an hour, woohoo!! Today my advent calendar had a cute picture of a little hedgehog in today's window, so here is a little story for you to enjoy.

I've only ever seen a hedgehog once in the wild, toddling down my driveway in the middle of the night, which is strange as I've seen much more unusual animals regularly in the garden like slow-worms, badgers and a deer!

So instead of a toddling hedgehog here is a rather larger, less spiky, but definately more cheeky animal! She's called Dewi and we met her at the amazing Elephant Park at Taro, Bali where rescued elephants find a safe, permanent home. This is my favourite photo that I've taken this year.

This weekend, for the first time in ages Mr B is not working and so we're going to go Christmas shopping in Windsor to celebrate.This weekend also brings the X-Factor final *go JLS*, Strictly Come Dancing, present wrapping, house cleaning, and lazysundaymorningreading... I can't wait! Ooh, and on Monday night Mr B and I are dry-slope skiing... getting some practice for our ski holiday to Austria in February. We've not skied since we were growing up so it could be an interesting night!

Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment